Library Resources: History of Revelation in the OT (4103)
Many institutions and scholars use the label “Biblical Theology” rather than “History of Revelation,” and some use the label “Hebrew Bible” rather than “Old Testament,” so be sure to include various configurations in your search.
- Magne Saebø et al., eds., Hebrew Bible / Old Testament: The History of Its Interpretation, 5 vols., available at BS1160 .H44 1996.
- Robert B. Laurin, Contemporary Old Testament Theologians, available at BS1192.5 .L38.
- For information on Dutch Reformed theologians, consult D. Nauta et al. (eds.), Biografisch lexicon voor de geschiedenis van het Nederlandse protestantisme (6 vols.), available in the Reference Section at REF BX4846 .B56 1978.
- A very common title is Theology of the Old Testament or Old Testament Theology, though beware that such books vary widely in scope and approach.
- Classic OT Theologies include those of Gustav Oehler, Walther Eichrodt, Geerhardus Vos, and Gerhard von Rad.
- Recent OT Theologies include those of John Goldingay, John Kessler, Eugene Merrill, Walter Moberly, John Sailhamer, and Bruce Waltke.
OT Theological Words
- NIDOTTE, 5 vols., in the Reference Section at REF BS440 .N438 1996.
- TDOT, 15 vols., in the Reference Section at REF BS440 .T4713 1974.
OT Theological Topics
- D. Alexander and B. S. Rosner, eds., New Dictionary of Biblical Theology, in the Reference Section at REF BS440 .N437 2000.
- A. Elwell, ed. Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (2nd ed.), in the Reference Section at REF BR95 .E87 2001.
- van der Toorn et al., eds., Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, in the Reference Section at REF BS680.G57 D53 1995.
History of Revelation and Redemptive-History
- P. Clowney, The Unfolding Mystery. Discovering Christ in the Old Testament, available at BS2387 .C6 1988.
- G. De Graaf, Promise and Deliverance (4 vols.), at BS635.2 .D413.
- Goldsworthy, The Goldsworthy Trilogy, at BS511.2 .G64 G64 2000.
- VanGemeren, The Progress of Redemption: The Story of Salvation from Creation to the New Jerusalem, at BS680.S25 V37 1988.