Library Resources: History of Revelation in the NT (4206)
Many institutions and scholars use the label “Biblical Theology” rather than “History of Revelation,” and some use the label “Hebrew Bible” rather than “Old Testament,” so be sure to include various configurations in your search.
Books with titles “Theology of the New Testament” vary according to one’s theological perspective. Some that are generally in agreement with a Reformed perspective are the following:
- Frank Thielman, A Theology of the New Testament, available at BS2397 .T445 T5 20015
- Thomas R. Schreiner, New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ, available at BS2397 .S47 2008
- K. Beale, A New Testament Biblical Theology, available at BS2397 .B39 2011
- Donald Guthrie, New Testament Theology: A Thematic Study, available at BS2397 .G84
NT Theological Words
- New International Dictionary of the New Testament Theology and Exegesis, 5 vols., in the Reference Section at REF BS2312 .N48 2014, v. 1-5
- Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament, in the Reference Section at REF BS2312 .E913 1990, v. 1-3
NT Theological Topics
- D. Alexander and B. S. Rosner, eds., New Dictionary of Biblical Theology, in the Reference Section at REF BS440 .N437 2000.
- A. Elwell, ed. Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (2nd ed.), in the Reference Section at REF BR95 .E87 2001.
- van der Toorn et al., eds., Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible, in the Reference Section at REF BS680.G57 D53 1995.
History of Revelation and Redemptive-History
- P. Clowney, The Unfolding Mystery. Discovering Christ in the Old Testament, available at BS2387 .C6 1988.
- G. De Graaf, Promise and Deliverance (4 vols.), at BS635.2 .D413.
- G. Goldsworthy, The Goldsworthy Trilogy, at BS511.2 .G64 G64 2000.
- W. VanGemeren, The Progress of Redemption: The Story of Salvation from Creation to the New Jerusalem, at BS680.S25 V37 1988.