Application Process for the Bachelor of Theology Program
Students applying for admission to the Bachelor of Theology program need to supply the following:
1. A completed application form. Please fill in the application form online and click 'Submit'. If you would like to print the form, right click and select 'print'.
2. An attestation.
(a) Members of the Canadian Reformed Churches or one of their sister churches must submit a good attestation issued by the consistory of the church of which the applicant has been a recent member and for an extended period of time.
(b) Members of other churches must provide two references from qualified persons (see item # 3 below). Applicants from other churches should be aware that they will be asked to declare that they agree with the basis of the Seminary, being the infallible Word of God as interpreted by the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism and the Canons of Dordt.
3. Letters of reference. Two references must be provided on your application form. For members of the Canadian Reformed Church or one of its sister churches, an attestation takes the place of one of the references.
4. Official academic transcripts of all work done beyond high school. Note that these transcripts must be sent directly from the academic institution to CRTS.
5. An autobiographical letter (1500 words max) which should include one's motivation for applying. This should be sent in electronically with your application form.
6. A doctor's certificate of good health (not required for foreign students since it is part of their visa application).
7. International applicants should take note of additional regulations regarding their situation.
The completed application form should be submitted with the other required documents to the Registrar before March 15th of the year in which admission is sought (Jan. 31st for international students).
If you have any questions or encounter any technical difficulties, please contact the Registrar.