|The Theological Seminary changes you. In a warm and open environment the professors humble themselves before God's Holy Word and expect you to do the same. They expect careful work and commitment so that you are equipped with confidence and conviction for life-long service as ministers of the divine Word.|
|Julius Van Spronsen, M.Div. 2003|
Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program is a four-year program for students who desire to be ordained as ministers of the Word or missionaries.
To be eligible for admission to the M.Div. program, the applicant must have a B.A. degree or its equivalent, with a minimum average of 70 % on his transcript.
As part of his preparatory studies, the applicant must have completed a number of courses in Biblical languages (Hebrew and Greek) and Latin, as follows:
- A minimum of two years of Classical or Biblical Greek at an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of one year of Biblical Hebrew at an accredited university or college; a second year of Hebrew is strongly recommended.
- One year of Latin at university level or a full high school program in Latin. (The Latin requirement is waived for students with a non-western background.)
In addition, applicants should have completed as many high school/university credits as possible in the following subject areas:
- Philosophy (preferably ancient Philosophy and/or Logic)
Notes regarding the Biblical languages:
- CRTS does not offer beginner level language courses. As explained above, students are required to take undergraduate instruction in the Biblical languages prior to enrolling at CRTS. Our preference is that prospective students take their Hebrew and Greek instruction in a traditional classroom environment as part of their undergraduate degree. If on-campus instruction is not available, students may opt for online courses but they are strongly advised to consult the CRTS Registrar before doing so. More information about acceptable online language training may be found under Frequently Asked Questions.
- We also recommend that students start early with taking their language courses. Do not wait till the last year. This will yield better results (long-term) and also allow your results to be available on your transcripts when you apply with us.
- We recognize that many universities offer only one year of Hebrew. Students who are unable to find a second year of Hebrew instruction are asked to consult the Registrar regarding other possibilities.
- For more information concerning preparatory studies in Biblical languages, please see our FAQs.
Any applicant who wishes to plead exception to any of these entrance requirements should contact the Registrar.
The M.Div. program is divided over four years (the freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior year). The freshman year program is offered every year. The other years are given in a three year cycle. The number of lecture hours for the freshmen students is fifteen per week, for the sophomores, juniors, and seniors eighteen.
Choose from the following to see the curriculum for that year of study:
In order to graduate from the M.Div. program, a student must accumulate a total of 131 credits which includes the Pastoral Training Program. All full-time students at CRTS are assigned a faculty mentor and must participate in the Spiritual Formation Program in order to graduate.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar.