Professor of Ministry and Mission
B.A., McMaster University, 2000
M.Div., Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary, 2004
M.Th., St. Stephen’s College, 2009
Ph.D., St. Mary’s University, Twickenham, 2016
After serving congregations in Canada and Australia, Dr. Bredenhof became Professor of Ministry and Mission at CRTS in 2023. He completed a PhD at St. Mary’s University, Twickenham, exploring the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man in Luke 16:19-31. His personal website can be found here.
Dissertation and Thesis
- Failure and Prospect in the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man: Reading Luke 16:19-31 in the Context of Luke-Acts. Ph.D. dissertation,St. Mary’s University, Twickenham, 2016.
- “I Speak as to My Children”: 2 Corinthians and Paul’s Relationship with the Church at Corinth. M.Th. thesis, St. Stephen’s College, 2009.
- Thank God: Becoming More Grateful to the Greatest of Givers (Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2023).
- Weak Pastor, Strong Christ: Developing a Christ-Shaped Gospel Ministry (Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2021).
- Failure and Prospect: Lazarus and the Rich Man (Luke 16:19-31) in the Context of Luke-Acts (Library of New Testament Studies 603; London: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2019).
- Hallowed: Echoes of the Psalms in the Lord’s Prayer (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2019).
- Wise: Living by the Ancient Words of the Commandments and Proverbs (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2018).
Articles and Essays
- “The Unpardonable Sin in the Synoptic Gospels: An Arbitrary Limit to God’s Grace?” in Whom the Son Sets Free: Liberating Doctrines for the Conservative Church, eds. Kevaughn Mattis and Sherelle Ducksworth (forthcoming, 2023).
- “Take the Time to Read a Chronological Bible” (The Gospel Coalition – Australia: Dec 16, 2022)
- “Are Things Getting Worse?” (The Gospel Coalition – Australia: Oct 4, 2022)
- “Looking for Lazarus: Assigning Meaning to the Poor Man in Luke 16.19–31,” New Testament Studies 66 (2020): 51-67.
- “Can I Even Change?” (The Gospel Coalition – Australia: April 1, 2022)
- Psalms 18-20, 50, 86, 89-92, 141-145 in Christ’s Psalms, Our Psalms: Study Resource. Edited by P. Holtvlüwer (Winnipeg, MB: Reformed Perspective Press, 2020).
- “Churches, Pastors, and Money” (Modern Reformation – Oct 25, 2021)
- “The Testing of Pastoral Praise” (The Gospel Coalition – Australia: Sept 10, 2021)
- “Weak Servants of a Powerful Christ” (Modern Reformation – June 11, 2021)
- “Praying Out Loud” – five-part series (Una Sancta, Sept to Dec 2020)
For further bibliographical details, see Dr. Bredenhof’s Academia.edu profile.