Application Process for the Master of Divinity Program
Students applying for admission to the Master of Divinity program need to supply the following:
2. An autobiographical letter (about 1500 words). Please tell us about yourself using your own expressions and style, and in one way or another answer the following questions:
Who are you as a person?
Why are you applying to CRTS in particular?
What does the Reformed faith mean to you?
What is your motivation and what encouragement have you received to pursue ministry?
What has been your involvement in the local church?
What have been some of your most significant learning experiences?
Applicants are also asked to disclose any serious medical conditions in their autobiographical letter. This information is important to ensure that CRTS prepares to meet, as much as feasible, each student's physical, mental, and emotional needs. The institution wishes to ensure that its facilities and environment promote the progress of all students. This letter should be sent in electronically with your application form.
3. An attestation issued by the church of which the applicant has been a member in recent years. This attestation should include a good testimony about the applicant's Christian faith and life, as well as an honest assessment of his suitability for the ministry.
Note: Applicants from denominations that do not subscribe to the Three Forms of Unity will be asked to declare that they agree with the basis of the Seminary, which is the infallible Word of God as interpreted by the ecumenical creeds, the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Catechism and the Canons of Dordt.
4. The name and email address of someone who will provide an ecclesiastical reference, generally your pastor. Please note that the Registrar's Office will contact this person directly via email.
5. The name and email address of someone who will provide academic reference, generally a former/current professor. Please note that the Registrar's Office will contact this person directly.
6. Official transcripts of all academic work done beyond high school required for the M.Div. program. Note that these transcripts must be sent directly from the academic institution to CRTS.
7. International applicants should take note of additional regulations regarding their situation.
The completed application form should be submitted with the other required documents to the Registrar before March 15th of the year in which admission is sought (Jan. 31st for international students).
Once an application is started, the applicant has 6 months to complete it. Applications not submitted within 6 months will be deemed abandoned and will be deleted from the system.
If you have any questions or encounter any technical difficulties, please contact the Registrar's Office.